A new initiative by the Migrant Nurses Ireland is getting launched on 26th June, 2021 at 12.30 pm aiming at a customised professional development programme for all migrant nurses working in Republic of Ireland. The official launch webinar on “Health and Wellness of Migrant Healthcare Workers during COVID – 19 and Beyond” will be lead by Timothy Frawley, Assist Professor in Mental Health Nursing in The UCD School of Nursing Midwifery and Health System. The plan is to form a Facebook page named Professional Forum MNI which would serve as a platform for all migrant nurses for consultation and interaction with various nursing expertise from the migrant nurse’s community in Ireland. The programme would include attending work related queries, the possibilities of higher education and guidance for professional upgradation. The Facebook page members would be able to post directly their queries and interact with the respective expertise and at the same time would be able to attend various webinars on nursing related topics. The programme will be coordinated by the two chairpersons Aiby Thomas, Joint Convenor, MNI and Shinto Jose, The Central Executive Committee Member, MNI with support of various nursing professionals across the country. This would be a great opportunity for all migrant nurses in Ireland to root for each other and watch each other grow.
- MNI meets again with the Nursing Board to raise key issues faced by overseas nurses
- Meeting with minister Jack Chambers
- Migrant Nurses Ireland continues dialogue with nursing board in a bid to make aptitude test and adaptation program migrant friendly
- Migrant Nurses Ireland (MNI) meets with the CEO of NMBI and Indian Ambassador in a bid to combat the delay in registration for overseas nurses
- A reassurance for the NMBI applicant’s.