About Migrant Nurses Ireland (M.N.I.)
Migrant Nurses Ireland (MNI) shall function in all areas comprising the Republic of Ireland.
Aims and Objectives
- Organize the Migrant Nurses and encourage them to work in co-ordination with the MNI.
- Safe guard the members’ interests in line with the constitution of MNI.
- Equip the members to improve and protect their professional, occupational and social living conditions.
- To regulate relations between members as employees and their employers and between members within the organisation and with other unions.
- To promote educational and professional development of members and health care professionals generally.
- Encourage them to join a recognized trade union in the Republic of Ireland and to promote cooperation
and unity with trade union and labour movements in the Republic of Ireland.
- Encourage activities to promote cultural integration and motivate to co-operate with progressive movements and organizations in the country.
- To promote the objects of justice, equity and equality and to make representations and to promote the views of the organization on local and national issues.
- Membership is open to all Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) Registered/Student
Nurses or Registered/Student Midwives who have migrated to Ireland.
- All members must accept the aims and objectives of the MNI.
- Nurses/ Midwives registered in other countries who are eligible for registration with NMBI, may be accepted into membership pending such registration, at the discretion of the Central Executive Committee.