About Migrant Nurses Ireland (M.N.I.)
Migrant Nurses Ireland (MNI) shall function in all areas comprising the Republic of Ireland.
Aims and Objectives
- Organize the Migrant Nurses and encourage them to work in co-ordination with the MNI.
- Safe guard the members’ interests in line with the constitution of MNI.
- Equip the members to improve and protect their professional, occupational and social living conditions.
- To act as link between the migrant nurses in Ireland and relevant organisations for the purpose of integration and orientation to the Irish Health Service. To act as link between members and the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation (INMO) A registered Trade union with representation rights for nurses and midwives across the Irish public and private health sector and with which the MNI have a solidarity and Collaboration agreement since November 2020 .
- To promote educational and professional development of members and health care professionals generally.
- Encourage members to join INMO with whom we have a formal Solidarity and Collaboration agreement.
- Encourage activities to promote cultural integration and motivate to co-operate with progressive movements and organizations in the country.
- To promote the objects of justice, equity and equality and to make representations and to promote the views of the organization on local and national issues.
- Membership is open to all Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) Registered/Student
Nurses or Registered/Student Midwives who have migrated to Ireland.
- All members must accept the aims and objectives of the MNI.
- Nurses/ Midwives registered in other countries who are eligible for registration with NMBI, may be accepted into membership pending such registration, at the discretion of the Central Executive Committee.